Sunday, September 2, 2012

Yard Sales, Tables and Toothpaste...Oh My

A lot of exciting things have happened since my last post!  Including a new addition to the family...another table!  That's right I said "Another" table because now I have 4!  Some may call me crazy and they would be right, but I could not find the perfect table...until now!!!

Exhibit A (Our original table purchased before our house was even built!)
So anyway this is what I did...was awakened early on a Saturday morning by one of my bestest friends (and its a good thing she is as I was still in my PJs and just rolled out of bed!)  We decided to go to a few local yard sales and well lets just say I fell in love...with a table!  


Exhibit B (Added to the family 2 years ago since we seem to always need more seating)
And here she is.....nestled so nicely between the other two right in front of the kids bedrooms!


Exhibit C (The PERFECT table)

By the way...check out that cute kid in all the pictures!  She too is proud of the three tables in our kitchen/dining/living room!


On a different note (which by the way you will notice a pattern of randomness here):  Today was the day I made Homemade Toothpaste!  Why you may ask...well for me its checking it off my list of store bought items and apparently there A LOT of yucks in your regular toothpaste!  I searched for a recipe online and could not find one that I really liked so I combined a few and ended up with this recipe:

3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp of Baking soda
about 3/4 Tsp of salt
Peppermint oil to taste...(most say 10-15 drops, however that didn't seem to be enough for myself or daughter)

I whipped up a batch, thanks to my good friend Emmy (who by the way...hooked me up on her blog so check her out)...she had the coconut oil!

It was tested by myself and my oldest and found to be tolerable!  I put it in individual containers for the kiddos and one for myself and hubby!  I will keep you posted on any changes that may be needed to make it work!

Not too bad for a weekend with no plans!  Stay tuned for more recipes on household products...


2 comments:

  1. I had a great day in our whirlwind shopping spree. Oh, and thanks for the coffee :-) Can't wait for our next adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I'm curious to hear how you feel about it after a few days. I'm feeling inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete