Thursday, September 6, 2012

A little of this and that...


If you haven't noticed my post are a little erratic...so try to keep up!


This week was the first week of Dance and Gymnastics...


My new home away from home!

Let me just say that yesterday was very interesting and would never have been manageable without my good friend, K!  She picked up the kiddos from school then drove them to the dance store where she corralled (well attempted to corral) 4 kiddos while trying on shoes...I rescued her at our local parks and rec center!  My Luke Duke and K's smallest were in gymnastics while I took my oldest and her friend to get some food...came back picked up the boys, while she took the girls to change into their dance clothes!   The boys went with my friend to get food while I set up blankets on the grass for a picnic!  If you are exhausted just reading this, don't worry we were too!!!  I'm hoping this gets easier as the year progresses!  


Barefoot and picnicking!

And while I waited...I got to do one of my favorite things...crochet!  I am working on a blanket for a family member and I have a strict deadline which is quickly approaching (maybe I should be working on that instead of this post!)

After all my running I came home to do some work around the house including some laundry...and since this is called "Homemade with Heather" I thought I would share how I make my homemade Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener (You thought I would never get to something homemade, didn't you!) 




 So....for the fabric softener I have been using 1/3 C. White Distilled Vinegar with some lavender oil to make it smell good!  You put it right in the place where you always put your regular softener!  For my laundry detergent I have used this recipe.  This is a liquid detergent and is super easy!  I utilized an old laundry container for one gallon in order to make room for shaking!  It seems to be working really well removing grass stains and all!

By the way:  The toothpaste is working great!  The entire family is using it with only one request...Luke Duke has asked for a different flavor...which is an easy fix!


1 comment: