Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Homemade Day!

Well...It has been too long since I have had the time to post!!!

Today I realized I was out of many of my favorite homemade morning routine goodies!  Soooo....to the pantry I went to gather my ingredients.  I quickly whipped up a batch of my homemade toothpaste with a little variation for my little guy!  This time I added some lemon and orange oil instead of the peppermint oil.  Hopefully this change will make for an easier transition for him.
And why yes that is my super sexy toothbrush!

I also needed to make some shampoo (well it isn't really shampoo)...its a mixture of:
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Water
Wet your hair and apply as much or as little to your hair as needed depending on the length, let sit for about 2 minutes then rinse.  Eventually you won't need to wash your hair each day.  Sometimes I will go up to 3 days without washing!  (I even get compliments on my hair after not washing several days!)  Go figure...

Instead of conditioner I use a mixture of:
1 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
1 Cup Water
I only use this when I use my "shampoo"

For both I used old bottles and mix a triple batch...

Since we are talking about health/beauty items I'm going to share a few other things!  

Face wash:  I had to find a face wash that doesn't require being refrigerated or mixed daily (because seriously who has time for that!)  I found this recipe...using vegetable glycerin, honey and castile soap.  Three ingredients and I have been using it for over a month with no major breakouts and for me...that is a pretty big deal!  (I normally don't have much luck with facial cleanser so I was quite pleasantly surprised!)

Body wash:  I found a recipe I liked however it is not as thick as I would like it to be....so I have modified it a bit.  You will need Castile soap, glycerin, distilled water and your favorite essential oil!  It is also recommended to utilize a foam pump dispenser.  
1/4 Cup Castile Soap
3/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup glycerin 
About 10 drops of oil...once again I like to make it in bulk so I don't add the oil until I put I am ready to use it!  My favorites are lavender for the kiddos and tea tree for myself and the hubs.

I normally like to post a few pics for you, however since most of these items are found in my shower... I thought I'd spare you!!!!!  But then again...here is a safe picture!



Hope everyone has a blessed day and don't be afraid to try some homemade goodness...You will definitely feel like you are making a difference in your home and life when you know exactly what you are putting on your body and your kiddos!

1 comment: